This toy was first
made for a little girl with brittle bones. She needed toys that were
small and light. It is not a toy for babies.
- Drill a small hole in the bottom of the film carton. Check
that the dowel fits in it fairly loosely.
- Glue the head bead to one end of the dowel.
- Make a dress as for the Strong
Pop-up Dolly, insert tiny felt hands in the ends of the sleeves
and glue and bind firmly round the neck.
- Insert the dowel into the top of the film carton and out through
the hole in the bottom.
- Hold the dress round the top of the film carton and check that
the head pops up and down well.
- Glue and bind the dress to the carton.
- Cover the film carton with the thicker fabric.
- Put a lace frill round the doll's neck and decorate the
carton. Perhaps make a hat for the doll or glue on some wool hair?
- Decorate the top and bottom of the film carton (glue and stitch)
and glue the other bead to the end of the dowel.
|Next Toy | Toy
Index | Home Page