| Made carefully, this toy is robust,
and can even be chewed by a toddler!
- Paint a face on the bowl of the spoon. Use non-toxic paint.
- From the thin fabric, cut out the dress in the shape of a fat
letter T. Make sure that when the sides are stitched up the bottom
of the dress will fit round the top of the cone.
- With right sides together, sew up the side seams and turn right
- Cut out two felt hands.
- Turn in the ends of the sleeves and sew the hands in place.
- Make a tiny neck opening in the top of the dress.
- Poke the handle of the wooden spoon (paint now dry!) through
- Glue and tie the dress tightly round the neck.
- Pass the end of the handle down through the upturned cone and
out through the hole in the bottom.
- Hold the bottom of the dress round the lip of the cone and check
that the spoon will pop up and down successfully.
- If no adjustment is needed, glue and bind the bottom of the
dress tightly to the lip of the cone.
- Cover the cone with the thicker material.
- Glue and stitch trimming round the neck (to hide the binding)
and round the top and bottom of the come.
|Next Toy | Toy
Index | Home Page